Sunday, March 3, 2013

Graduation

I just realized I never posted a cake I did *ahem* nine months ago.

My co-worker's daughter graduated from high school and asked if I'd make the cake for her party. Karina requested a guava cake, inspired by her favorite that can be found at a local bakery. I read reviews about this cake online and it's highly spoken of. I had never made a guava cake before and was feeling lots of pressure.

While I was cutting the top off the cake, to make it even, I sampled a tiny sliver and was in love. So moist, light, and flavorful! I was relieved that it was so delicious!

The party ended up having more in attendance than they had planned and there wasn't enough cake to go around. Good for me that the cake was a success, good for those that grabbed a piece early on, stinks for everyone that missed out!



No comments:

Post a Comment