Friday, April 26, 2013

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

For a few weeks, I noticed my sister was pinning some Mary Poppins birthday ideas onto her Pinterest boards. I knew Mary Poppins was in the running for my niece's party. When the final decision was made and I was invited to do the cake, I was thrilled!

My sister gave me free rein on the design and I couldn't wait. So many cute ideas to choose from!

I ended up being inspired by two different cakes. The first one had a Mary Poppins topper made out of fabric but I really try to make everything edible on my cakes. So sugar it was! The further along I got, the more pleased I became. Mary turned out absolutely perfect!

robynfabsits.com

I liked the city skyline on another cake and decided to incorporate that into the cake as well. I thought both designs tied together nicely.

ourdevinemiracle.blogspot.com
When we arrived at the party and my niece immediately said, "Mary Poppins!" I knew it was a success.
My cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment