Sunday, July 31, 2011

Groom's Cake

I was THRILLED when our friend e-mailed me one day to see if I could make her fiance's Groom's cake.

The previous night, I was thinking to myself that it had been far too long since I made a cake. It really was an answer to my prayers when I checked my messages the next morning and saw "Cake" as the subject.

Her fiancé loves his Mustang, surfing and mountain biking so she really wanted to incorporate all 3 hobbies into one cake.

This is the idea that we came up with...

I had been stressing out about the Mustang from day 1 (I think it looks more realistic from the birds eye view) but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Only thing...I made the tires WAY too big. It looks like it's a Mustang with 4-wheel drive. Whoops!

I love how the little surfboard looks! The Groom actually makes surfboards and I thought it'd be neat to copy one of his designs. He even made a surfboard for the guests to sign at the reception! How cool is that?!

Thank you, David & Tracy, for letting me be part of your special day!

1 comment:

  1. This was the most amazing cake EVER!!! It was the hit of our reception! Not only did everyone just LOVE the way the cake looked, they LOVED the way it tasted too! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete