Friday, July 25, 2008

Chocolate Work



Chocolate...very fun to work with but you need a lot of patience!

All of these pieces are made of 100% chocolate (minus that plate Mickey is on, that's pastillage). I had a bit of a challenge with Dora. She was originally going to be molded out of chocolate. I was 99.9% complete with her when I accidentally bumped the cookie sheet she was on and it fell to the ground and broke into several pieces. I had less than an hour until she was due and I had to completely start over. I began to laugh so I wouldn't cry. I had to improvise and create a miniature version. Although it wasn't my original plan/design, Chef Devon complemented me on my work ethic. She said she would have given me a grade for my first Dora since she knew I was almost done but she admired the fact that I wanted to have something to show for my work and completed the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment